United Militias of America

The Official forums of the United Militias of America

Gonna have to change your name

Official UMA

Gonna have to change your name

Post  Official UMA on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 am

Hello fellow patriots.
    Although I welcome your involvement and am proud to have fellow patriots out there, The Name "United Militias of America as well as the acronym UMA" is taken, It is trademarked and copyrighted recorded in our privacy policy/terms of use and enforced by the courts of Sangamon County Illinois. I wish to work side by side with you in our effort to better America.If you have any questions you can visit the official UMA site at UnitedMilitia.org, or contact us through Facebook at UMA militias. Thank you for your cooperation, as I trust I need not push this issue farther.

Last edited by Official UMA on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Lexone

Re: Gonna have to change your name

Post  Lexone on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:39 am

This is a name for an online game...
    Official UMA

Post  Official UMA on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 am

matters not, its trademarked and copyrighted, it doesn't matter if its a sack of 100% beef hot dogs. You cant start up a game about computer software and call it the official microsoft site, or something, because the name Microsoft is trademarked and copyrighted

Lexone

Post  Lexone on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:01 am

It does matter this is not official and we are not making any money off of this. It's a group from an online game. Like a group of friends from a video game working together and has nothing to do with you
    jkli5

Post  jkli5 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 am

Lexone wrote:It does matter this is not official and we are not making any money off of this. It's a group from an online game. Like a group of friends from a video game working together and has nothing to do with you

Lexon dont fight with the man, we will figure it out im sure.
    Official UMA

Post  Official UMA on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 am

I dont wish to fight. I am as willing as anyone to work out a solution. Its not about money, we are not a business. Surely as intelligent individuals you can see why the name of your game would concern us. Id have to discuss it with my council members, but I'm thinking maybe some type of disclaimer about how your game is unoffiliated with the UMA or something to that affect....

p.s. (and it does say "official" at the top)
    jkli5

Post  jkli5 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 am

We had plans to change are name very soon.
    Official UMA

Post  Official UMA on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:17 am

hmmm. I was going to make a joke about how that names not good enough for you anymore.... but i'm tired, I've been going strong for 20 hours now, and I need to rest. No worries for now on our end. Let us know what you want to do, Ill have 1 of my guys check out your game in the next couple days, who knows maybe we can help you promote it. IDK, we'll talk about it later.
    Lexone

Post  Lexone on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 am

It's not a game it's a party in a game called erepublik. Check it out maybe it will make sense
    Official UMA

Post  Official UMA on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 am

Ill have 1 of my members check it out. Our organization is walking a tight rope in our country. We have hardline stances on many pressing issues and we continually battle negative stereotype from the government, the media, and uneducated members of the American public. Just this year we have made tremendous strides in our public approval rating. It has truly been a battle, from all definitions. So naturally we get very nervous when someone comes along using our exact legal name (which was hard to get in the first place), we worry about the potential for negative fallout should someone correlate your site with ours. We have gone through brutal legal battles over other organizations using this name (although they were actual militia units, some of whom were criminal organizations), we are not looking for another trademark/copyright war, thats for sure. We have gone to great lengths to accomplish what we have, and Im not saying that you would "defame" us, but we obviously cant leave that potential to "a group of friends on an online game" thank you for your understanding
    jkli5

Post  jkli5 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 am

Yeah, i can understand that, we changed the name.
    Pizza The Hut
    Admin

Post  Pizza The Hut on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 am

Yeah we changed it, but not because of this. XD. These guys are lulzy!
    Canni

Post  Canni on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Kinda funny because we are about 100 members strong and any promotion is good promotion right? If he was truly battling for public opinion then it would have been better to endorse us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:08 am